I’ve been following InfoChimps for some time, intrigued by their aspiration to build a marketplace for data that combines the free with the paid. Thanks to the team at Jones-Dilworth (honestly, does Josh have any clients that aren’t interesting?) I managed to get some time with founder Philip (Flip) Kromer and Joseph Kelly whilst over in the States for Defrag last month.
Earlier this week Flip and I got together on Skype to reprise some of the conversation as a podcast, which is now available.
Production of this podcast was supported by Talis.
My arrangement with Talis concludes with the release of this podcast, so if you want to keep listening to my content you will need to subscribe directly tomy feed, either on this site or in iTunes. Talis podcasts continue without me, and you can find their various channels aggregated here.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Is Infochimps’ Aggregated Data a Boon to Researchers or a Privacy Nightmare? (gigaom.com)
- Dear Twitter: Really? Seriously? [Infochimps] (siliconangle.net)
- Infochimps: Share and Sell Your Raw Data (readwriteweb.com)
- DEMO: Infochimps lets users share and sell data (venturebeat.com)
- Infochimps Wants Folks to Monkey Around With Its Data (gigaom.com)
- Twitter Data Dump: InfoChimp Puts 1B Connections Up For Sale (readwriteweb.com)
(Cross-posted @ Cloud of Data)