Gotta love new killer apps – like Chirp – actually, it is *chirp – the Twhirl-killer mother-of-all Twitter Clients. Only for Vista – oh, well, if I am stuck with Vista, for once in my life let this be a benefit – let’s try this baby.
First installation attempt crashes Windows Explorer. Not a good sign – but after several minutes I hear a funny sound – was that a chirp? . I have a milky-white, opaque box, shaped like those in the pic above, except that mine is blank. Does not do anything, does not give any life-signs. I guess that crash really was a bad sign.
Oh, well, let’s try again. Doing the Full Monty:
- uninstall *chirp
- reboot computer
- download again (in case I got a corrupted file)
- install *chirp
Milky … opaque … blank… dead.
Could it just be me? Let’s check twitter:
- I install Chirp, and start it up, then a white window appears which doesn’t respond to any action! What’s wrong?!
- Struggling to install Chirp. It starts and hangs on my screen after some cute sound effects.
- ugh, install Chirp, runs, nice opening sound, I see a alpha’d box with a splash graphic…nothing else. How to configure?
- Chirp. Pretty. Love one-click reply/DM/RT. Has Favs and clever DM view. Failed install on 1 box. Box 2 needed restart to get login prompt.
- won’t install on my work machine. No idea why. Just an opaque rectangular window. FAIL.
Clearly there’s something wrong here. Yet another startup launch DOA. I’m out of here. Who has time for this? Find consolation with this chirpie: