Rightscale, the leading cloud management vendor, today announced support for Windows based applications on the cloud. This puts the support for Windows applications on par with Linux based ones, making cloud automation, management and portability for Windows instances as easy as Linux instances. This also helps Rightscale target organizations using Windows servers for their IT needs.
- Highly scalable websites – Imagine getting to the top of Digg or getting slashdotted. You will need an easy way to scale your website without any downtime. Rightscale is a perfect platform to manage such websites needing immediate scaling
- Grid Computing – Using cloud, it is possible to use large number of server instances to easily spread workloads to large number of instances in order to get faster results. If you ask New York Times, they will talk about how they used large number of Amazon EC2 instances to quickly achieve the results they needed. Grid computing is particularly handy in areas such as scientific research, media transcoding, etc.. Rightscale management platform makes managing such grids with large cloud server instances easy
- Social Gaming – Ask the facebook app developers and social game developers about how their need to scale up resources as their apps get traction all of a sudden. Rightscale platform is well suited to manage their needs. Ask the folks at Animoto how they managed the sudden increase in demand once they went viral after their launch. They use Rightscale to manage their resources
- Windows 2003 /2008 across on i386 and x64 architectures
- Windows w/SQLServer Express 2003 /2008 across across i386 and x64 architectures
- Windows w/SQLServer 2003 /2008 on x64 architecture