As our contribution to London Social Media Week we are putting on Social Media in Enterprises on Tuesday Feb 2nd from 6 till 9pm at the Cass Business School in London (map is over
Why? Well, at Tuttle last Friday Alan Patrick and I realised that there
was no event for the more B2B (Business to Business) and value chain based aspects of
Enterprise/Business aspects of Social Media. This is the “Elephant in
the Ecosystem” – a huge arena, but hard to get your head around easily
and see clearly. So, being us, we decided to put one on – and this is it!
The aim of this event is to look at this unmentioned “Elephant in the
Ecosystem” from lots of angles, so we may get a better view of what it is.
So, what we thought we would talk about is how Social Media can be used by:
- Enterprises: How can use it internally to re-engineer themselves,
- Supply and Value Chains: How does it restructure a B2B value chain,
which can be complex and global
- How to create sustainable business value, not an easy to replicate
Also, we want to touch on the Hard Stuff that is brushed under the
carpet, for example:
- how to integrate into existing heritage systems,
- how to handle security issues,
- whether a flat social network structure can work in a firm.
And that’s before we start talking about potential Returns on Investment.
The idea is to have a number of short talks from a variety of people
with various angles on the subject, and a Q&A session – and then break
for drinks and informal discussion.
Speakers (and rough areas covered) are:
- Dr Sue Black, University of Westminster
- Benjamin Ellis, RedCatCo
- Umair Haque, Havas Media Lab
- Adriana Lukas, VRM Labs
- Mat Morrison, The Magic Bean Laboratory
- Alan Patrick, Broadsight
- David Terrar, D2C
- Shefaly Yogendra
this space. and check back here regularly. That should get everyone’s pulse racing – and to make it even better, we
are going to Charge You Money – no FreeConomics here – to cover the
costs for the tea, coffee, biscuits, nibbles and alcohol you will
consume. It will be a tenner (£10), as you can see no expense has been
Booking for the Event
So, do not delay – go over here
and book now!
Any spare funds at the end of the night will be spent at the pub
(Cross-posted @ Business Two Zero)