Everyone knows that professional conference goers like myself attend events not to listen to presentations, not to network but to collect schwag. Over the past couple of years I’ve done fairly well collecting tech t-shirts and I decided to create a weekly series critiquing tech companies t-shirt offerings in the expectation that a company with a great t-shirt is a prime candidate to have a great product also. Click here to see the series.
If you’d like your t-shirt reviewed, flick me an email to arrange things. The judges decision is, of course, final and very little correspondence will be entered into (perhaps).
TelecomONE is an internal unconference for Telecom New Zealand, the formerly state-owned, and now publicly listed, telco. I’ve been invited to attend as an external party on the two annual event run so far – as with all conferences, the camping was fun, the audience engaged, the food great and the Werewolf played long and hard (and badly by myself).
It was a great event and the t-shirt was a vast improvement on last years offering.
- Brown is an unusual, but an elegant choice for a t shirt
- The t-shirt is a reminder of some awesome conversations and a glimpse into the inner workings of a large corporate
- It’s nice to have some subtlety and no massive slogans plastered over the shirt
- 100% Cotton
- The care label says “New Zealand Spirit” and “Made in Bangladesh” – oxymoronic methinks
- It really raises the heckles of my friends from other telcos (looking at you Paul Brislen)
- I’m still waiting for an XT device (that one’s for you Neal “with an e” Richardson)