For anyone who is familiar with Tweeting Too Hard, Unmasker will help you work out who is honest, and who is just simply stacking their Twitter with simple BS keywords that have no relationship to who they are or what they are really looking to do.
Corvida over at Everything Twitter talked about the web site and said:
Who’s in it for the conversations and who’s in it for the money when it comes to your followers on Twitter? Unmasker is a neat game that tells it like it is. Based on the bio of Twitter users, find out if they’re ” evil bandwagon riders ” or angels. Source: Everything Twitter
This is what Unmasker shows for my Twitter Handle – Techwag. I am on the side of angels (which is falling down laughing for anyone who knows me, I am rarely on the side of angels).
Interesting way though of combing through twitter profiles looking for fakes, spammers, and others who think that Twitter is a way to fame and fortune. Well it is if you are Biz Stone (and still want to see the monetization plan even if someone got millions of dollars in funding), but for the average user maybe not so much. Neat toy though, thanks Corvida.
Related articles by Zemanta
- One billion users, $1 billion: how did Twitter get the numbers? (digital.venturebeat.com)
- Who Will Twitter Acquire With Their Fresh $100 Million? (cloudave.com)
- Twitter says no ads in 2009, focused on commercial accounts (dailyfinance.com)
- Twitter Tweaks Terms Of Service, “Your Tweets Belong To You” (techcrunch.com)
- Twitter Changes TOS, Opens the Door for Ads (mashable.com)
(Cross-posted @ TechWag)