The first hardware conceived and delivered under HP’s ever popular CEO Léo Apotheker is an absolutely incredible calculator – destined to be a classic. I already have three of them! I bought one in 1983, the other two I quite literally inherited. The HP12C (30th anniversary edition) will soon be available for $79.99 (includes fancy gift box). Don’t confuse it with the Platinum Anniversary model (25 anniversary edition) which are still on sale.
- RPN calculators do not have keys for all clear, parenthesis, or equals.
- I would do this problem starting within the parenthesis, but I showed left to right as well. Same number of keystrokes (10).
- I assumed an algebraic traditional calculator with parentheses keys.
- Didn’t bother with a square key in either example.
- Since the traditional calculator will require to start with all clear (RPN does not), brings total keystrokes to 13.
- The answer is 56.8
- HP’s 12c Financial Calculator Turns 30 (pcworld.com)
- HP 12c calculator turns 30, hasn’t changed since the day it was born (geek.com)
- On 30th anniversary, HP launches limited-edition financial calculator (venturebeat.com)
(Cross-posted @ Pin Drop Soup)