Today, tech world was going gaga based on a rumor that Apple might move iTunes to the cloud and offer wireless syncing between the devices. According to Boy Genius Report, the new capabilities are broken down into three groups.
- Streaming music and movies from Apple’s servers to your computers, devices, etc.
- Streaming music and movies from your home computers to your other computers, remote devices, etc.
- Wireless iTunes syncing with devices
It is a shame that Apple with so many cloud capable devices is forcing us to connect to a computer using Mac to do the syncing. When startups could let us sync documents, media, etc. from the cloud and stream media from the cloud, it is surprising that Apple is yet to get into the game. It is time they do it and any delay is inexcusable.
Since the rumor is on, I thought I will list my wishlist of what I expect from Apple here.
- Probably through Mobile Me, I would want to have a low cost cloud storage where I can store all my documents, media, etc., and sync/stream it to all my devices including iPhone, iPad and Mac.
- My streaming playlist should be shared to all my devices and when I stop listening in a device, I should be able to seamlessly move to another device and start from where I left it off.
- My docs should seamlessly sync between all my devices (much like sugarsync) and iwork.com.
- I should be able to archive my SMS messages on the cloud and retrieve it from other devices.
Well, these are some of the basic services I expect from Apple with their cloud initiative. I would love to hear from you about it too.