Cloupia (previous CloudAve coverage), the Santa Clara based company offering automation and orchestration solutions, announced last week that they are enhancing their product to meet the needs of today’s enterprises and, also, signaled their intent to move beyond Flexpod in the converged infrastructure space (see previous story about Cloupia Flexpod validation). Now their powerful orchestration tool is available for EMC’s VSPEX solutions.
Some of the new features in this update include:
- Support for Secure Cloud Containers, VDI automation – Citrix Xen Desktop Support, Virtual Console support, and Multi-vendor support
- A new tool called CloudIgnite provides fully automated day zero deployments to configure and provision converged infrastructure with consistency, accuracy and speed
- Their mobile app, CloudGenie, has been updated to support enhanced reporting and analytics along with self-service catalog and provisioning capabilities
- Enhanced multi-vendor support in CUIC release V3.0 that includes: Compute – Cisco, HP and Dell platforms; Storage – NetApp 7-mode, C-Mode and EMC VNX platforms; Network – Cisco and Brocade platforms; VDI – Citrix Xen Desktop; Virtualization – VMware, Microsoft and Redhat
- Enhanced support for Flexpod
- Now they support VSPEX solutions
With this update, Cloupia is moving beyond Flexpod in the converged infrastructure market. I have always expressed my concerns about being aligned with a single vendor during their briefings and I am glad to see them move beyond NetApp into other vendors in the converged infrastructure space. It will be interesting to see who acquires them.