Netweaver PI Option
With the latest releases of SAP PI (or Process Orchestration) a lot has been invested in getting the installation to be easier and faster. You would be looking at hardware requirement of three 12Gb servers at a minimum and it can run on both Windows and all Unix Variants. Installation of NW PI would take roughly a few weeks with Windows being easier deployment option from my experience. You would also require a database license if you cannot use MaxDB but many customers have some existing databases licenses which could be used. It will probably be around 40-50k€ for the PI installation with consulting and hardware and I’m not sure what additional SAP PI license requirements there would be
Netweaver Cloud Integration Option
Impact and Options for SAP Customers
- Customers can utilize the simple CSV file based transfer of employee data from SAP to SuccessFactors using the integration add-on that SAP released in May.
- Customers can use their existing SAP NetWeaver PI infrastructure to integrate SAP with SuccessFactors. This will enable them to use all the future integration packs that are planned.
- Customers can set up a new SAP NetWeaver PI OnPremise infrastructure to integrate SAP with SuccessFactors. This will enable them to use all the future integration packs that are planned.
- Customers can license and use SAP NetWeaver Cloud Integration technology, when it is released in Q1, 2013. This will enable them to use all the future integration packs that are planned.
- Build custom integration between SAP and SuccessFactors. This is the model several hundred SAP customers are currently using as they set this up prior to the acquisition but it is not an option I would recommend moving forward.