That’s Google Play in the first minute of the Nexus 4 US launch: phone available, placed in cart, checkout is impossible. I guess that’s Google’s version of the long lines outside Apple stores? I am not alone:
And within minutes there were hundreds more…
Yes, the Google Play checkout function spectacularly died. Sh*t happens. But hey, this is Google!
Then I get a hint:
Oh, I’ve got it. Now we know whey it’s called Google PLAY. As it sure ain’t no e-commerce site:-( And Google is pushing Wallet as a universal payment system? #FAIL.
- Nexus 4 sells out on Google Play for UK launch within 30 minutes (9to5google.com)
- Google Nexus 4 And Nexus 10 Go On Sale In The U.S. Online Play Store (techcrunch.com)
- Google’s Preorder Experience for the Nexus 4, 10 Was Terrible (pocketnow.com)
- Hey Google: if your Nexus 4 is sold out, just say so (gigaom.com)
- Google blows Nexus devices launch (betanews.com)