O-Day was supposed to be the first US Presidential Inauguration largely available online. 54% of our readers are based in the US, and it’s probably fair to say the lives of others will also be affected by the change of guards in the US, so I thought it was a good idea to provide the embedded video here, courtesy of Hulu. It worked well for hours .. during the countdown.
Then it promptly died as soon as the actual broadcast started. It appears Hulu killed the embed feed, while the video on hulu.com itself is still working well.
Hulu = Fail on O-Day. Way to welcome the first tech-savvy US President.
- An Historical Twofer: President Obama and the Internet Inaugural
- Watching the Obama Official Inauguration on Linux with Moonlight
- Obama Inauguration on Linux and PowerPC Macs! Plus codec details
- Obama’s historic inauguration and coverage
- Web Sites Scale Up for Inauguration Traffic
- A New Media inauguration?
- Watching The Inauguration With All My Facebook Friends
- The Day Live Web Video Streaming Failed Us