As CloudAve has grown in popularity in recent years, we’ve been inundated with a flood of guest post offers, basically falling into one of five categories:
- Valuable content, interesting ideas from industry practitioners, with or without established track record
- Offers to write relevant content from people who have industry credentials but have never published anything
- “Tell me what I should write about” types – the jack-of-all-trade types, often with actually good wordsmithing skills, but without any deep knowledge
- Offers of a smorgasboard of subjects, from the typical top 5 ways of do-this-do-that, foodie subjects, fashion, sports, education, kids, retirement savings… you name it. Highly relevant, obvious proof the sender actually knows who we are:-)
- If #4 isn’t bad enough, the most recent trend is: “Hi, I’ve read your blog, it’s great, I’d like to contribute”. Not the slightest indication of author background, topical interests..etc. C’mon, if you’re gonna spam, at least put some effort in it .. make it intelligent spam.
Needless to say, #1 likely would have enriched CloudAve with content that our readers appreciate, but we typically turned them down, as we’re set up to deal with a handful of regular contributors, not many ad-hoc ones, no matter how interesting their writing is.
That’s about to change now. Well, not the good part: posts by our regular authors continues to be the foundation of CloudAve, but we’re opening up the floodgates to ad-hoc guest posts, all under the Your Point of View heading. This is a Beta program, both in terms of process and technology, we’ll likely change things as we learn the process, so please bear with us.
If you think you have relevant, original content of value to our readers and have the writing chops, by all means, give it a try – get started by reading our Guest Post Policy page.