Astute readers may have noticed we’ve been writing more and more abut mobility. No, we have not changed focus – it’s computing that has changed a lot. Cloud computing and mobility are more and more intertwined. We still won’t be reporting about iPhone games, the best video tools, the huge advertising potential in location / check-in services – all the exciting consumer stuff. We’re focusing on business. Software in Business. The Business of Software.
Talk about business, recently I’ve seen the CEO’s of Enterprise Software heavyweights SAP, NetSuite, Workday, Salesforce.com demo their wares on iPad. They get it: the Mobile is the New Computer. And if I can be ignorant enough to forget about the religious cloud-debates, let me just say this: at CloudAve we focus on business software that has zero to minimum installed footprint – whatever the label is.
This is why we’ll be attending GigaOM’s exciting Mobilize event tomorrow.
Mobilize 2010 is a high-level meeting-of-the-minds where executives and entrepreneurs from app companies, carriers, service providers, infrastructure companies and technology firms will come together with leading media and venture investors to discuss pressing issues in the mobile industry, and how the mobile and cloud industries are converging to alter the communications landscape. Topics include:
● What the “mobile cloud” will do for innovation in services and products.
● How new wireless broadband networks will enable consumer adoption of cloud services via their mobiles.
● Where the opportunities are for Internet-connected objects – “The Internet of Things” or M2M (Machine-to-machine).
● Which mobile web technologies are being funded and why.
● Why the architecture of wireless networks will be linked to cloud-based services.
Mobilize typically sells out each year, and there ’s just one day left – but if you purchase your ticket via this link you can still save $100. See you there!