Over at DiversityAnalysis we’ve just published a new report – right in time for the Cloud Connect event in San Jose next week. Krish and I wanted to write a very basic report tailored for mid to late adopters as a guide to the pitfalls and problems involved in a move to the cloud (especially cloud software) and the questions to ask prospective vendors to ensure all those risks are mitigated.
We were stoked that Intacct saw the value of what we were doing and decided to support us in the writing of the report – it was something we wanted to do anyway, Intacct support just made it all the easier.
Our report articulated a number of questions to ask when evaluating cloud applications – these questions fall into several distinct groupings:
- Business requirement questions
- The reliability questions
- The availability questions
- The upgrades, maintenance and outages questions
- The security questions
- The privacy questions
- The data ownership questions
- The integration questions
- The customization questions
We’re pretty pleased with the report – feel free to check it out here.