Steven Hodson has to be one of my favorite people to read online, and over the holidays he put together a “Wall of Shame” for bad twitter marketers. I hope he lets me write for him on this one, as I have plenty of good examples, not just from my Techwag Twitter, but from my store Twitter and my Work Twitter as well. It is amazing what people will do for a little attention, and Twitter Marketing Hell highlights the best of the crud.
I have talked about twitter with some of the really poor SEO examples happening all over the place as twitter quickly becomes a darkly lit alley off the main street for marketing purposes. I have also talked about auto follow being akin to Russian roulette because bad SEO folks and bad marketing relys to a certain extent on auto follow to work right.
Twitter Marketing Hell is exactly the kind of site I want to see, and want to support. Just a note, Steve, if you need any help with this one, feel free to hit me up. I have tons of examples I can pull from my own twitter stream, and it is one of the major reasons why I only use Seesmic or Tweetdeck to work with Twitter at all.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Are Tweedledee and Tweedledum on Your Twitter List? (socialmediatoday.com)
- Three Potential Twitter App Acquisition Targets for 2010 (centernetworks.com)
- Twitter Research Formula (conxentric.com)
- Seesmic’s Acquistion of Ping.fm Secures Future Goals (crenk.com)
- How Twitter Conquered the World in 2009 (mashable.com)
(Cross-posted @ TechWag)